What is Temperature Controlled Packaging?
Temperature controlled packing is a type of packing that can be heated or cooled in order to maintain a specific temperature. Thermal controlled packaging widely used in Beverage Industry, Healthcare Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry and Biotics Industry.
The use of thermal controlled packaging has been primarily driven by consumer demand for convenience, safety, and freshness. There are many advantages of using thermoelectric type of packaging over conventional products such as refrigerators and freezers. Packaging companies use this technology to extend the shelf life of their products and also reduce spoilage and food waste.
How does Temperature Controlled Packaging Work?
Thermal Controlled Packing is a process that helps in maintaining the desired temperature of the product. It can be done by using a cooling system, heating system, or an air-conditioning system.
The two main ways in which temperature controlled packing works are by either cooling or heating products. A cooling system works by using cold water to cool down the product and maintain its temperature. While a heating system uses heat from an external source to heat up the product and maintain its temperature.
What are the Different Types of Thermal Controlled Packaging Solutions?
Thermal controlled packaging solutions are designed to protect the product from temperature changes. There are different types for packaging solutions that are required for various products.
- Thermal Packaging: Thermal packaging is a type of packaging that uses a material’s ability to transfer heat away from an item to protect it from temperature extremes. This type is used for products that require a short temperature storage period. The temperature is usually between 40-60 degrees Celsius.
- Refrigerated Packaging: Refrigerated packaging is a type of air-cooled packaging that comprises a rigid outer layer and an insulating material, typically plastic, on the inside. It is meant to keep contents cool when they are stored or shipped at low temperatures. This type is used for products that require a longer temperature storage period. The temperature is usually kept between 0-4 degrees Celsius.
- Freezing Packaging: Freezing packaging is the process of creating a physical or digital product with text, graphics, or images designed to present the product in a particular way. This type is used for products that require a long term storage period . The temperature can be as low as -30 degrees Celsius or as high as 20 degrees Celsius.
- Vacuum Packaging – Vacuum packaging is a type of packaging in which the product is sealed inside a strong airtight container and then placed inside another container. It prevents the product from coming in contact with oxygen, and keeps it fresh for longer periods of time.
Application areas for Thermal Controlled Packaging
The growth of following industries is expected to boost the market growth for thermal controlled packaging solutions in the coming years.
- Beverage Industry : The temperature controlled packing process is widely used in the beverage industry. It is a process that keeps the product safe from contamination, ensures its freshness and quality, and ensures that it remains at the desired temperature during storage. The health of people and animals is always of utmost importance to companies, which is why they need innovative ways to keep their products safe from contamination.
- Healthcare Industry: Thermal controlled packing is a crucial part of healthcare. It has been shown to decrease the risk of microbial growth, prevent spoilage, and maintain product quality. Without temperature regulated packing, food & medical products can be lost and patients can be exposed to harmful microbes.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: Temperature controlled packing is a critical part of the pharmaceutical industry. This is because there are a few factors that make thermal controlled packing necessary. You need to control heat during the transportation and storage of medicines for safety reasons. Shrinkage, condensation and water vapour pressure have a significant impact on products’ performance, integrity and stability.
- Biologics Industry: In the biologics industry, temperature controlled packings are vital to keep the temperature of the biologic within the optimal range. This allows for better product quality and efficacy.
A thermal controlled packaging solution is an ideal solution for businesses that need to protect their products from temperature fluctuations. It can help to increase productivity and efficiency in the workplace. Do check TempAid for thermal controlled packaging for your needs.